West uses 13-run inning to beat Northstars, 17-1
Wins first game of Wood Bat Tournament
Wauwatosa West exploded for 13 runs in the fourth inning and rolled to an impressive 17-1 victory over host Waukesha North (3-12) on Saturday morning in the annual Wood Bat Tournament at Frame Park.
Leading 4-1 after scoring twice in the first two innings, the Trojans (6-7) sent 17 hitters to the plate in the fourth inning to blow away the Northstars, who commited 6 errors in the inning.
West banged out six hits in the inning, as Ben Zachman had a 2-run double, Willie Bellknap had an RBI-single, Austin Jones a 2-run double and Mickey Morgan an RBI double to highlight the inning.
JJ Belknapp, who had a double and a triple, pitched a 5-inning complete game, allowing 3 hits, a walk while fanning three.
The title game was set for 5:30 p.m.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North