Although the Wauwatosa East girls swimming and diving team dropped their Greater Metro Conference opener at Brookfield Central, 137-47, on Aug. 29, freshman sensation Celia Ripple won two events for Red Raiders.
Ripple won both the 200-yard freestyle in 2 minutes, 1.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke in 1:03.21.
Junior Margie Van Meter placed second in 1-meter diving (155.80) and junior Jenny Busalacchi was second in the 500 free (6:16.67).
Rounding out the top-three performances was freshman Erica Kalberer third in individual medley (2:33.59).
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North