Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North