The Wauwatosa West girls basketball team beat Brown Deer, 43-34, Tuesday night at home and improved their Woodland Conference record to 5-2.
Senior guard Jessica Allemang scored a game-high 15 points and four other Trojans managed five or more points - Jackie Glazer (7), Mariah Smith (6), Jenna Lahmann (6) and Molly Boyle (5).
Brown Deer only trailed, 33-29, after three quarters, when the West pressure defense put the game away early in the fourth quarter.
Glazer led a fastbreak, passing to Lahmann for a basketball to open the final period. Then Smith followed suit, passing to Lahmann for another easy score and finally Lahmann passed to Allemang for a lay-up and the Trojans led 39-29 with 6:21 left in the game.
Mariah Weddle led Brown Deer with 13 points and 6-2 Ariel Feiertag added 10.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North