Playing one of its best games of the season, Wauwatosa East beat St. Scholastica, 53-32, Wednesday afternoon at Tosa East.
The Red Raiders jumped out to a 30-15 lead at intermission as Cara Walls scored nine points and Talisha Simpson eight in the first-half run. Walls And Simpson eached added three points in a 19-point third quarter to put the game away.
Walls finished with 15 points, Simpson 15, Emily Ferger had six and Cassie Osinski five to lead coach Rob Hamill's Red Raiders (2-6). Victoria Anichebe and Colleen Lowry each scored nine points to lead the Stingers (10-6).
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North