Dan Sayles scored 17 points and led Wauwatosa East to a 45-37 decision over West Allis Central in Greater Metro Conference action Tuesday night.
The win tied the Red Raiders (2-2, 4-7 overall) with the Bulldogs (2-2, 7-4 overall) for fourth in league play. It was also the first winning streak of the year for the Raiders - a two-gamer.
The Raiders led, 12-5, after a quarter and 23-14 at half-time, as Sayles had nine first-half points. He was supported by sophomore Darrell Bowie, who chipped in 12 points.
The Bulldogs had no one in double figures, as Jarvis Garrett had nine points and Najeal McMillian had eight.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North