Dennis McBride, one of the Fourth District Aldermen in Wauwatosa, has donated his monthly alderman's salary to Mike Landisch's fund.
The city of Wauwatosa - East and West sides - have come together to suport Landisch, the Wauwatosa West boys basketball coach who recently was diganosed with kidney cancer. Tosa West had a night for Landisch last Friday at the boys game. Tosa East had a night last Tuesday for the boys game and will have another on Tuesday when the girls teams from East and West play.
It was also announced earlier today that the school's portion of the 50/50 raffle at the Menomonee Falls/Brookfield East game will be donated to Landisch.
"The sense of community in Tosa and other communities has come through because of this," McBride said. "Even though we compete in athletics, everyone has come together for this."
The alderman's monthly salary (after taxes) is $323.22, but McBride is is rounding his check up to $325.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North