Veteran football coach Tom Swittel has been named head coach at Brookfield East, East Athletic Director Corey Golla said Tuesday.
Swittel has coached football for 31 years, most recently at Wauwatosa East where he has been head coach for the past 15 years. He was head coach at Whitefish Bay Dominican from 1983-85 in addition to a long resume of coaching experience in both baseball and football during the past 30 years.
Swittel is the president of the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association and was inducted into the same organization’s Hall of Fame in March of 2009.
Some of Swittel’s other accolades are:
- 1995 Woodland Conference Football Coach of the Year
- 2003 Wisconsin Football Coaches Association District 22 Coach of the Year
- 2003 Greater Metro Conference Coach of the Year
- 2007 Wisconsin Football Coach All-Star Game, South Head Coach
- 2007 NOW Football Coach of the Year
"The addition of coach Swittel to our athletic program is exciting to everyone at Brookfield East," Golla said. "His integrity, knowledge, and experience lend our program instant credibility. The excitement for the future of Spartan football in our community is palpable."
Swittel will continue in his current role as head of guidance at Wauwatosa East.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North