The Wauwatosa West girls won the Woodland Conference Triple Crown and the boys just fell short, finishing second on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
The girls scored 112.5 points to beat the host Rockets (104) while the boys scored 143 points and finished behind Whitnall (148), losing their chance at their first triple crown since 2006.
Susannah Fricker took the girls' only first in the running events - winning the 800 (2:25.88) - while Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump (5-feet, 2 inches). The Trojans scored in 15 events showing their excellent balance.
Dylan Crafton was outstanding, winning 100-meter dash (10.92) and 200 (22.19) and was part of the winning 400 relay (44.11). He also took second in the long jump (19-10).
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North