Through the first two weeks of the season the Wauwatosa West baseball team has compiled a 3-5 record and a 1-1 mark in the Woodland Conference Black Division going into this week's action.
The Trojans had eight returning players for coach Chad Mateske coming into this year - JJ Belknapp, Jacob Boudreaux, Matt Gillis, Tyler Gross, Travis Hudson, Austin Jones, Mickey Morgan and Ben Zachman.
Newcomers with promise to watch for according to Mateske are Willie Belknapp and Nick Orlowski.
After opening last week with a 8-5 win at Brown Deer, the Trojans dropped a conference game to Whitnall on June 5 and a non-conference game to Pius XI on June 7.
Whitnall used a six-run third inning to coast to a 6-3 victory. West scored a single run in the fourth and two in the sixth to make the game at Breitlow Field respectable.
West only managed three hits off three Falcon pitchers, including winning pitcher Josh Serio, who worked the first five innings.
Two days later, the Trojans dropped a 6-4 decision to the Popes at Breitlow Field.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North