The Wauwatosa West girls swim team capped off a busy week with a big win (306 points) at the Rocket Relays on Saturday at South Milwaukee, their second consecutive victory at this event.
Anna Larson, Ashley Lindstrom, Alli Walsh and Rachel Stuberg captured gold in the 400 individual medley relay and Larson also teamed up with Kelsey Kennedy, Lindstrom and Sydney Vander Velde to win the 850 Cresendo relay.
Welsh pooled her talents with Gina Kautzer, McKinzie Holkola and Kristianna Klammer to round out the gold medal efforts with a win in the 300 backstroke relay. Ellie Krummel, Julia Kennedy and Kaitlyn Hembrook teamed up with Vander Velde for a bronze medal in the 300 free relay.
Not to be outdone by their swimming teammates, divers Colleen Seefeldt, Dani Ganser and Tina Hartley also captured the bronze medal in the diving event. Caitlin Renaud rounded out the medals with her lifetime best effort in the 500 yard breaststroke relay.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North