Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Elmbrook Memorial Wins “Best Hospital Food In Wisconsin”
In an inaugural event that proved great hospital food is not an oxymoron, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Elmbrook Memorial was declared the winner of the Hospital Food Fight on Saturday, May 21. The family-friendly event that benefited Stillwaters Cancer Support Services included an “iron chef-type” competition, small food tastings from area restaurants and hospitals, and children’s activities.
Four hospitals competed for the title: Elmbrook Memorial, Aurora Healthcare’s Summit Medical Center, ProHealth Care’s Waukesha Memorial and Oconomowoc Memorial. Each dish met the American Dietetic Association’s nutritional guidelines and cost less than $5.00.
The winning dish: Shiitake Shrimp and Scallop Tower with Black Quinoa Caviar and Sweet Asian Slaw. (Recipe can be found at www.hospitalfoodfight.com.)
Celebrity judges: Joe Bartolotta, who also served as Honorary Chair, Nancy Stohs, Food Editor for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Bob Reitman, cancer survivor and local DJ on WUWM and David Davidson from GE Healthcare and the American Culinary Federation Chefs of Milwaukee. Ted Perry from Fox 6 News served as celebrity emcee.
Stillwaters Cancer Support Services is the only non-profit organization in Wisconsin to provide professional counseling and support at no cost to persons with cancer and those who love them. Services include individual and family counseling, support groups, workshops, grief programs and retreats.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!