The residents of the Luther Manor senior living community in Wauwatosa are kicking off the holiday season with a craft sale on Friday, Nov. 4.
From the clay-carrot noses of fence-post snowmen to the white trim windows of a freshly painted doll house, each of the treasures at the annual Holiday Bazaar was touched by the creative hand of a Luther Manor resident.
“Everybody has their own talent,” said Grace Bott, a resident of the Terrace apartments, independent housing at Luther Manor. Bott painted ceramic Christmas decoration and a wooden angel for the bazaar.
Residents like Bott, a craft fair contributor for 14 years, have been meeting twice a week for the past year to work on their creations. The end result is an array of hand-made, stocking stuffers. Shoppers will find an assortment of original scarves, jewelry, quilts and ornaments; bean soup mix and fire starters; and even homemade dog biscuits.
Although most of the crafts at the Holiday Bazaar come from Luther Manor, there are a few exceptions. A Minneapolis woman whose mother once called Luther Manor home donates handmade scarves for the event.
“That’s her contribution to Luther Manor,” Nancy Kriske, who works in Terrace Life Enrichment. “It just shows Luther Manor’s mission goes places you don’t even realize.”
All proceeds from the sale benefit Luther Manor programs and services.
The Holiday Bazaar will take place from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Nov. 4, in the Lippold Faith and Education Center at Luther Manor, located at 4545 N. 92nd St. in Wauwatosa.
An accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community, Luther Manor has been caring and advocating for seniors for more than 50 years. In addition to independent housing, assisted living and long-term care options, Luther Manor offers rehabilitation, adult day and supportive services, hospice care and community outreach programs.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!