Donation crests $100,000 mark in fourth year
With record-breaking support from its associates and generous customers, Sendik's Food Markets presented the MACC Fund with a donation of $107,300 Tuesday night. The funds were raised during the months of November, December and January, and were presented to John Cary, executive director of the charity, and his wife Mary, during Sendik's annual leadership meeting.
The record check brings the four-year total from Sendik’s to benefit the MACC Fund to $309,000. Last year’s program raised $80,000, compared to $62,000 in 2009 and $59,000 in 2008.
Balistreri-owned-and-operated Sendik's Food Markets collected the donation using a variety of in-store activities:
- MACC*Stars: Sendik's sold more than 2,500 TODAY'S TMJ4 MACC*Stars, this year designed by 10-year old Jack Bartosz of Hartland who is bravely battling a rare form of cancer
- Sendik’s Real Food Magazine: 100% of proceeds from sale benefited the MACC Fund
- Candy Canes: The holiday candies were sold for $1 each, 100% of which was donated
- Select Grocery Items: In-store signage alerted customers that the purchase of select grocery items meant a portion of the proceeds were donated to the MACC Fund
“We couldn't do any of this without our customers and associates,” said Nick Balistreri, who owns Sendik’s, along with brothers Ted and Patrick, and sister, Margaret Harris. “Their support has allowed us to increase our donation each of the years we've partnered with the MACC Fund. There are still far too many children in our community battling cancer, and we're proud to help the charity in its mission to fight this disease.”
* * * *
About Sendik's Food Markets: Since 1926, the Balistreri family has been serving the greater Milwaukee community by combining quality food products with exceptional customer service. Their goal is to provide you with the best grocery shopping experience, period. Currently, Sendik's Food Markets operates 10 stores throughout Southeastern Wisconsin: Whitefish Bay, Wauwatosa, Mequon, Grafton, Elm Grove, Franklin, Greenfield, Germantown, New Berlin, and West Bend. Learn more at sendiksmarket.com.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!