Children in grade K4 through grade 5, from all Wauwatosa public and private grade schools, are eligible to enter the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Annual Student Art Contest.
The contest promotes an appreciation for the city’s unique buildings. Children can choose from a list of historic buildings to draw, paint or otherwise represent.
The society is working with art departments in the city’s schools. Parents of children who are interested in entering but hadn’t previously heard about the contest should ask the art teacher for the list of historic buildings, contest deadlines and other information.
Art teachers and parents can learn about the contest by calling the historical society at (414) 774-8672 or by visiting www.wauwatosahistoricalsociety.org/studentartcontest.html.
Two winning entries per grade receive awards. Winning artwork art will be displayed in May at the Little Red Store.
Contact: Janel Ruzicka, 414-774-8672, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!