The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces the City of Waukesha Independence Day parade will take place on Wed., July 4, 2012. The parade, “America the Beautiful,” will step off at 11:00 a.m. from Cutler Park, 321 Wisconsin Ave.
“To our knowledge the tradition of the 4th of July Parade in Waukesha dates back to at least 1871,” said Parks, Recreation & Forestry Director Ron Grall. “The pride, history, and sense of community exhibited by the citizens of Waukesha and our visitors are apparent in their participation of 4th of July activities and I’m sure this year will be no exception. We invite the entire community to enjoy all the Waukesha parks have to offer and join in the festivities.”
The parade will begin at the corner of Maple and Wisconsin Ave., travel west on Wisconsin Ave., turn right at West Ave., follow Main St. east, turn left on Buckley, then right on Baxter, finishing at the Schuetze Recreation Center, 1120 Baxter St. in Frame Park.
Parade line-up for children taking part in the parade will be at 10:00 a.m. in Cutler Park. Judging will take place at 10:30 a.m. and ribbons will be awarded for participation as well as for decorated units, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the following individual categories: Bikes; Trikes; Wagons; Buggies; and Costume.
Marching and float units must be pre-registered and can obtain an application from WPRF website. Deadline for application is June 8, 2012. Children taking part in the parade will receive a free ice cream treat, sponsored by the Waukesha Kiwanis Early Risers, at the end of the parade.
The City of Waukesha Fireworks Extravaganza will also be held Wednesday, July 4, beginning at approximately 9:30 p.m. at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds, 1000 Northview Rd., Waukesha. The grounds open at 7:00 p.m. The carry-in of alcohol and/or fireworks is prohibited. For more information about the Independence Day Activities, please call
262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!