Military families face the constant possibility, or the realization, of separation from their loved ones due to deployment because of war. These families also must face the fact that the separation may not just be a temporary one, causing additional strains on families and greatly affecting their children.
Camp Yellow Ribbon provides a fun and educational outlet for children in military families from all service branches. The goal of this specialized camp is to help children learn to cope with the challenges of having a family member who is deployed or has returned from overseas.
Our objective is to create a memorable camp experience with an exciting week of outdoor fun and adventure while allowing campers the opportunity to gather and learn in a safe place. Children can vent their fears and frustrations and meet others who are experiencing similar challenges. Camp Yellow Ribbon also gives campers opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate the military experience.
Camp Yellow Ribbon takes place August 13-17, 2012 at Indian Mound Scout Reservation in Oconomowoc. Check out our website for additional information: http://tinyurl.com/6ckmfhm
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!