The Wisconsin Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is hosting its 10th Annual Multiple Myeloma Conference in Sheboygan, Wis. At the Blue Harbor Conference Center on Saturday, September 8th, 10:00a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The conference focuses on myeloma survivors, caregivers and healthcare providers, featuring James Bond, inspirational lunch speaker, numerous breakout sessions, group sessions, and exhibitors. The educational opportunity includes mid-morning refreshments, lunch and mid-afternoon refreshments.
Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director of LLS – Wisconsin Chapter, said, “This no-charge, state-wide annual workshop provides information on the history of myeloma, current standards of care and disease management options, emerging therapies and treatments, survivorship issues, financial resources, understanding and interpreting lab imaging and test results, and how to be a better caregiver and supporter. It is open to Wisconsin residents”
Frakes continues, “September is 2012 Blood Cancer Awareness Month, so to make it easy to attend the Myeloma Conference, free transportation is offered from La Crosse, Eau Claire, Wausau, Madison, and Milwaukee depending on the demand. We simply want people to be able to attend this free educational opportunity.”
Confirmed speakers and panel members for the conference include:
• Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter
• Dr. Parameswaran Hari, Associate Professor of Medicine, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
• Dr. Craig Cole, Department of Internal Medicine, Gundersen Lutheran Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
• Dr. Rachel Cook, Assistant Professor of Medicine, UW Carbone Cancer Center
• Dr. Doug Rizzo, Professor of Medicine, CIBMTR
• Dr. Frederico Sanchez, Medical Oncology & Hematology, Aurora Advanced Healthcare
• Kathleen Bond, Caregiver
• Christopher David, MSW, LCSW, Wheaton Franciscan Cancer Care – All Saints
• Dr. Marcelo Pasquini, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
• Dr. Michael Thompson, Medical Oncology & Hematology, ProHealth Care
• Dean Gruber, RPh, Pharmacy Manager, Milwaukee Community, Walgreens Pharmacy
• Lori Schneider, Business Manager, Green Bay Oncology
• James Bond, Patient
• Mary Bohn, RN, OCN, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
• Carrie Casberg, Patient
Pre-registration for all conference attendees is required and can be made by visiting http://but.ly/LLSMyeloma, by email to Christina.Lee@LLS.org or by phone to 262-785-4220.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®, headquartered in White Plains, NY, is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $600 million in research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. LLS has a local Patient Services Manager in 68 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. For additional information, please contact LLS at (800) 955-4572 or visit www.LLS.org
The Wisconsin Chapter of LLS is located at 200 S Executive Drive, Brookfield, WI 53045. Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Chapter can be reached at 262-785-4225 or email@example.com.