Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialist Patrick Drayna joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Patrick Drayna, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (emergency medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics, his clinical interests include prehospital care and the resuscitation and stabilization of critically ill and injured children.
Dr. Drayna’s research and academic work has involved prehospital care and emergency medical services for children, quality improvement, investigations of the effects of ketamine sedation, the reliability and effectiveness of near-infrared spectroscopy in critical settings, and the association between rainfall and pediatric emergency department visits for gastrointestinal illnesses.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Drayna completed a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2006, Dr. Drayna completed a residency in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and MCW in 2009. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin in 2002.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!