Wauwatosa native Paul Hoffman will talk about his new historical true-crime book "Murder in Wauwatosa: The Mysterious Death of Buddy Schumacher" at the Tuesday, Jan. 8, general meeting of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St., and all are welcome.
Hoffman is the special publications editor for the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. He grew up on Hillcrest Drive and is a 1981 Tosa East graduate.
His book expands on a series Hoffman wrote for Wauwatosa NOW in 2010 on the death of 8-year-old Arthur (Buddy) Schumacher in 1925. No one was ever convicted of his murder. Hoffman's book takes readers back to the period and vividly tells of sensationalistic newspaper coverage of the case.
Hoffman has a personal connection to the story: His father bought the family's former home in Wauwatosa from Buddy Schumacher's father.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!