Maggie Matheson, of Wauwatosa was the Grand Prize winner at the 45th Annual Wonderful World of Weddings Show, presented by Time Warner Cable, held at Wisconsin State Fair Park earlier this month. The Grand Prize, a 5 day/4 night honeymoon at the Excellence Group’s luxury resort on the Riviera Maya in Mexico, was sponsored by First Choice Travel & Cruise with airfare provided by Funjet Vacations.
Matthew Anderson, of Union Grove, got down on one knee and proposed to Matheson in the middle of an ice skating rink in Downtown Milwaukee last January. They will marry in August of this year and came to the show looking for a wedding venue and honeymoon ideas. “When I found out I won, I started to tear up because this is a huge blessing for us. We are so grateful,” said Matheson.
Attendance at the Wonderful World of Weddings Show was up over last year, a trend the show has seen the last few years. “We work year-round to make the show bigger and better than the previous and bring in the latest trends for our brides,” said show manager Jay Partington.” We wish every bride getting married this coming year the most happiness!”
The show is the oldest, largest and most prestigious wedding show in Wisconsin with over 180 exhibitors featuring the latest trends in photography, invitations, catering, cakes and much more. Two professionally choreographed fashion shows each day highlight the new trends in gowns, formalwear, floral and jewelry. The 46th Annual Wonderful World of Weddings Show is scheduled for Saturday, January 4 and Sunday, January 5, 2014 at State Fair Park.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!