Social Media and Identity Theft: Are You Protected?
In the free program “Identity Theft: A Growing Threat”, personnel from the Wisconsin Office of Privacy Protection will interactively take participants through the growing threat of personal identity theft; they’ll learn what identity theft is and how to protect themselves from it. Participants will also listen to real-life examples of Wisconsin victims and what it takes to initiate the recovery process. Additionally, participants will learn how criminals are using Social Networking sites to facilitate identity theft, and then discuss what information should stay private when using those sites.
This free seminar takes place Thursday, Jan 31st, 2013, at 7 pm in the Community Room of the Brookfield Public Library. Registration is requested but not required. Please contact the Adult Reference Desk at 262-782-4140, opt 1, with questions or to register. This program is offered in conjunction with Data Privacy Day 2013. Keep your personal data private!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!