Wilkinson Woods senior community in Oconomowoc and Library Square senior community in West Allis represented the Laureate Group in the Milwaukee Aging Consortium's 1st Annual Golden Spatula Competition.
Amy Robb, Dietary Services Manager at Wilkinson Woods, took home top honors for her Tropical French Toast. Robb also won 2nd place for her Chicken Breast Roulade, a heart healthy recipe and Sean Emrick, Dining Service Director from Library Square, came in 3rd place for his Seared Chicken Breast over Wheatberry Salad, a fiber recipe.
Tropical French Toast
6 slices Angel Food Cake, prepared
½ C. milk, 2%
½ t vanilla
Assortment of diced fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bananas
1. Slice angel food cake.
2. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
3. Dip angel food slices into egg mixture.
4. Place on buttered griddle and grill until golden brown.
5. Top with fresh fruit.
Laureate Group is a local, family owned business that operates eight independent and assisted living senior communities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!