The Friends of Saint Patrick – Milwaukee Chapter will partner with the Hunger Task Force to collect food donations during two area parades on Sat., March 9, 2013.
The Shamrock Club Saint Patrick’s Day Downtown Parade sponsored by the Westown Association & Shamrock Club of Wisconsin begins at noon at 3rd and Wisconsin, continuing to Highland and Water Streets. The Bluemound Parade sponsored by the Bluemound Road Business Advancement Association begins at 3:30 p.m. at Balistreri’s Bluemound Inn, running east from 65th St. to Mitchell Blvd.
The Hunger Task Force’s “Free & Local Truck,” identified with the Friends of Saint Patrick banners, will participate in both parades. Dressed in colorful T-shirts, volunteers from the Friends of Saint Patrick will trail the trucks with grocery carts collecting non-perishable food donations, as well as cash donations, along the entire parade routes.
In addition, food collection barrels will be placed at a variety of area business locations, including the following:
• Metcalf’s Market, Wauwatosa
• O’Sullivan’s Pub, Brookfield
• O’Donoghue’s Irish Pub, Elm Grove
• St. Patrick’s Church (March 9 only)
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Food Drive, contact Tom Callen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 414-529-5509.
The Hunger Task Force believes that every person has a right to adequate food obtained with dignity. Food pantries, homeless shelters, and soup kitchens will all benefit from donations received. The Hunger Task Force works to prevent hunger and malnutrition by providing food to people in need today and by promoting social policies to achieve a hunger-free community tomorrow.
The Friends of Saint Patrick – Milwaukee, through education, action, and celebration take forward and nurture Saint Patrick’s legacy both in America and Ireland. The Chapter supports the Saint Patrick Centre in Northern Ireland and charitable organizations within our community.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!