Mix together kids and parents, step away from the distractions of phones and TV, bring out the board games and what do you have? An evening of fun, learning and laughter that brings families closer together.
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran hosted its second annual good old-fashioned Family Game Night on Sat. Feb. 16 from 6-8:30pm. It was a fun evening for families to spend quality time together playing games such as Dominoes, Chess, Sheepshead, various board games and tag!
Almost 60 parents, kids, and grandparents attended the event, hosted by the CEA-Christian Education Association, which serves to provide activities for faculty, students and parents. Playing games is a great opportunity for parents to reinforce things like manners, being a good sport, taking turns and other social skills that children will need as they grow up and go out into the world. This can all be done with good humor in the context of the game play and the family, and it provides kids a chance to practice these positive behaviors. Game night encourages family communication by enjoying each other’s company—while making memories that will last forever.
“Family Game Night is an opportunity for families to spend an enjoyable evening with other families,” stated Principal Kyle Gut. “This is just one of the many ways that we are able to partner with parents in the educating of the children for time and eternity.”
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran School is located at 1337 South 100th Street, West Allis, with convenient access to I-94/Greenfield Ave off-ramp. For more information, please call 414-774-8520 or visit our website at www.goodshepherds.net.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!