Hawthorne Hill Farm, an historic farmstead located in New Berlin, Wis., will host four weekend shopping markets in 2013. The renovated three-floor barn, farmhouse, shed and grounds offer a unique venue for local artisans and vendors to set up shop for lively, themed shopping markets. More than 50 local artisans and vendors feature one-of-a-kind antiques, vintage finds, shabby and industrial chic, upcycled furniture, home and garden decor, hand-crafted accessories and gifts. Local, farm-fresh produce and bakery add to the rustic and lively shopping atmosphere. Shop 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. all dates. Admission is free.
2013 Shopping Markets are Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the following dates:
• Vintage Cottage Style: May 17, 18, 19.
• Hidden Treasures Market: September 13, 14, 15.
• Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Market: October 11, 12, 13.
• Decorate! Holiday Market: November 8, 9, 10.
In addition to themed weekend shopping markets, a community rummage event offers a large and lively venue for both treasure hunters and sellers. Barn Rummage! is Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20.
New to Hawthorne Hill Farm is Art Junque
New this season is Art Junque, a fantasy art space where imagination takes wing. The shop offers hard to find craft supplies including: imported crepe paper, buttens, baubles, embellisments, papers and art bits for artists and craftspeople to use in their own work. Art Junque is open during shopping weekends only, and is located in the Farmhouse Studio.
The Workroom Inc.
Also on the grounds of Hawthorne Hill Farm is The Workroom Inc., a bricks-and-mortar woodshop and showroom located permanently on the grounds. Local artist Joe Loduha creates and showcases unique upcycled creations, built-to-order furniture and industrial antiques rescued from Midwest homes and barns.
Hawthorne Hill Farm is a once-abandoned 1874 farmstead. Proprietress and Wisconsin Artist Bonnie Loduha, known in the art community at Bonnie Lynn, renovated the nearly two-acre property, which includes the original barn, silos and house. She first opened Hawthorne Hill Farm to the public in June, 2010. Hawthorne Hill Farm is her art studio (featured in the summer 2011 issue of Studios magazine) and a community art space that features shopping weekends, creative workshops and retreats. Hawthorne Hill Farm is located at 16370 W. Small Road, south of I-43 and just west of The Ridge Cinema in New Berlin. Visit the Web site at www.hawthornehillfarm.com and the Facebook page at Facebook.com/hawthornehillfarm.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!