The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Program in Genomics and Ethics will offer the first annual Genomics & Ethics Symposium Thursday, June 6, at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West in Wauwatosa, Wis.
The symposium will explore ethical and clinical issues related to genomic sequencing technologies, including informed consent for sequencing, disclosure of results from genomic sequencing, and the impact of this technology on patients, families, and other stakeholders. Sessions will include a national perspective of genomics priorities, a panel discussion on the clinical application of genomic technologies, and community engagement in genomics.
“The Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities' Program in Genomics and Ethics inaugurates this annual symposium so that we can help patients by working with our clinicians, our scientists and our community to consider the complex issues surrounding the proper use of emerging genetic technologies,” said Arthur Derse, MD, JD, director of the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Julia and David Uihlein Professor of Medical Humanities, and professor of bioethics and emergency medicine.
The Program in Genomics and Ethics is funded by the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Research and Education Program Fund, a component of the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin endowment at the MCW. It is housed in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the MCW Institute for Health and Society.
The symposium is free. For more information, contact Jessica Jeruzal, program coordinator at (414) 955-8163 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the symposium online, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/genomicsandethicsregistration.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!