To enhance the Spanish curriculum for all elementary schools in the district, Kathryn Hartung and Hannah Wendlake of Eisenhower Elementary were awarded a $5,965.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Grant funding will be used to purchase DiscoveryPENS and coordinating recording labels. The DiscoveryPEN has a scanner at its ‘nib’ which detects the pattern on the recording label, thereby, triggering a signal to play a pre-recorded MP3 file. These tools will aid in independent study, practicing conversation and fluency skills, clarifying sounds and pronunciation, and providing exposure to a variety of dialects. They also increase the quality of education by allowing teachers to differentiate instruction.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!