Medical College of Wisconsin’s Women in Science Series Honors Two Researchers at Annual Luncheon
Two Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) female researchers will be honored at MCW’s annual Women in Science Awards Luncheon on October 17, 2013. The luncheon, held at MCW, is the final event in the seventh annual Women in Science series, and is presented by Associated Bank. The awards include a $10,000 research award to an established scientist and the $1,000 Edward J. Lennon, MD award to an outstanding woman postdoctoral researcher.
Recipient of the Women Pioneers in Research award for 2013 is Judy R. Kersten, MD, professor of anesthesiology, pharmacology and toxicology, and senior vice chair of anesthesiology. Dr. Kersten, an MCW faculty member since 1994, will receive a $10,000 research award. She will also share an overview of her research in diabetes and cardiovascular risks with luncheon attendees.
The recipient for this year’s Edward J. Lennon, MD, Outstanding Woman Postdoctoral Researcher award is Dr. Savitha Sethumadhavan, a biochemist working in Dr. Jeannette Vasquez-Vivar’s lab in Biophysics.
Dr. Lennon was a former dean and president of MCW.
Media are invited to attend the awards ceremony and presentation.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers the public an opportunity to meet and hear interesting research by outstanding female scientists and physicians and to raise awareness of outstanding local women researchers. The eighth annual luncheon series kicks off in April 2014.
For details, contact Karissa Pohle, email@example.com or (414) 955-4717.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!