Joanne Kluessendorf, Director, Weis Earth Sciences Museum, UW-Fox Valley, and Donald Mikulic, Senior Paleontologist, Illinois State Geological Survey, will give the 2013 Edward Wilkommen GeoFocus Lecture on November 21, 2013 at 6 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library.
The title of their lecture is "The Ledge, the Lake, and the Limestone: How the Niagara Escarpment Impacted the Stone Industry and the Maritime Development of Lake Michigan."
This is the sixth presentation of GeoFocus: The Edward Wilkommen Geology and Geography Lecture Series, sponsored by Wilkommen, a retired engineer and longtime AGS Library supporter.
The lecture is free and open to the public. A reception precedes the lecture at 5:30 p.m.
The AGS Library is located on the third floor, east wing of the Golda Meir Library building.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6282.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!