The public is invited to a free performance of Joseph Martin’s "Morning Star" at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8 at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1520 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, Wis. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
"Morning Star" is a collection of traditional carols blended with new anthems. The WAUMC Chancel Choir will be accompanied by a small instrumental ensemble and organ.
Join us for this WAUMC Advent program and follow the star that guided Mary and Joseph, the shepherds and the three Wise Men in preparation for the birth of the baby Jesus.
The music was gifted to the church by WAUMC member Helen Sceales.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
The Mary of Magdala, Apostle to the Apostles, inclusive Vatican II Catholic Church celebrates Eucharist every Sunday in Wesley Hall at 9:45 a.m. on the WAUMC campus, as of Jan. 13, 2013.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!