The children and youth of Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., will perform “The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper”, a Christmas musical for young voices by Mark Cabaniss and Ruth Elaine Schram, during the 9:45 a.m. worship service on Sunday, Dec. 15.
The public is invited to this seasonal family program. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
Here comes the judge! Bethlehem court is in session with the Honorable Judge Jody Justice presiding. It's the people versus a certain "reluctant" innkeeper...reluctant to give a certain young couple a room for the night, that is.
Samantha Shepherd is the prosecuting attorney who's out to get to the bottom of this case by calling key animal witnesses to the stand. It's eventually revealed that the greatest miracle of all happened the night before, and God can always turn things around for good!
This 20-minute musical will feature WAUMC’s two children’s choirs and youth ensemble. Sunday school students will tell the story through song and enthusiastic acting.
This year’s entertaining and heartfelt Christmas musical was organized and directed by children’s and youth choir directors Amanda Prosser of Menomonee Falls and Sue Watson of Brookfield.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
The Mary of Magdala, Apostle to the Apostles, inclusive Vatican II Catholic Church celebrates Eucharist every Sunday in Wesley Hall at 9:45 a.m. on the WAUMC campus, as of Jan. 13, 2013.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!