The sixth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 18, at Classic Lanes in Menomonee Falls. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $70,000 for cancer research at the MCW Cancer Center.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers three games of bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 pm. Bowlers of all ages and skill levels are welcome to participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
Classic Lanes is located at N85 W15900 Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 10.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!