Moth GrandSLAM championship event to crown Milwaukee’s top storyteller Jan. 31 at Turner Hall
The Moth and Wisconsin Public Radio host Milwaukee’s first GrandSLAM championship Friday, Jan. 31, at 7 p.m. at Turner Hall. The show features 10 Moth StorySLAM winners from the past year, who’ll each tell a five-minute, true tale on the theme “Fish Out of Water.” Tellers will battle it out, with only words as weapons, as guest judges determine the victor. No notes, no scripts, just pure old-fashioned storytelling. Contestants include a doctor, two artists, an ex-cab driver, a ghost hunter and a wedding videographer. The Moth GrandSLAM championship is Friday, Jan. 31, from 7–10 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.) Turner Hall is located at 1034 N. 4th Street. Tickets are $20 and are available at The Pabst box office or online: http://themoth.org/events/event/milwaukee-grandslam-championship-2.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!