A discussion of Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
The discussion will be led by Othman Atta, Milwaukee attorney and executive director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee; Janan Najeeb, president of the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition and an adjunct professor at Cardinal Stritch University; and Irfan A. Omar, an associate professor of theology at Marquette University.
Reading of the book is not required for attending the discussion.
This is the third in a series of book discussions on the theme "Muslim Journeys: American Stories," supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Library Association.
The series, free and open to the public, is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries, the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition, and UWM Cultures & Communities Program.
More information at http:// guides.library.uwm.edu/ content.php?pid=490308&sid= 4023039
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!