Pediatric Otolaryngologist Dr. David Beste Joins MCW Faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Staff
David J. Beste, MD, has been appointed professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in otolaryngology, Dr. Beste specializes in pediatric otolaryngology (infant, child and adolescent). His research interests include screening and treatment of pediatric otitis media, or ear infections. He has held five different grants in which he was principal or co-investigator, published more than two dozen original research papers and has given more than sixty regional, national and international invited lectures, workshops and site visits.
After earning his medical degree at MCW in 1979, Dr. Beste completed his residency in otolaryngology at MCW Affiliated Hospitals in 1984. He also completed clinical and research fellowships in pediatric otolaryngology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 1987. Since then, he has held faculty and administrative appointments at MCW and Marquette University.
Dr. Beste has been actively involved in various committees at MCW and in national otolaryngology societies. He initiated and developed the Pediatric Otolaryngology Service and Pediatric Cochlear Implant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Earlier in his career, Dr. Beste served as vice chair of otolaryngology at MCW and as director of Children’s Speech and Audiology at Children’s Hospital. He also directed the pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training program at the two institutions for seven years. In 2004-05, he served as president of the Wisconsin Pediatric Society. Dr. Beste has been recognized for his work by Best Doctors, Inc. and is listed in the Best Doctors in America 2013–2014 database.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!