12th annual Local Farmer Open House
Saturday March 8th, 11 am – 3 pm at the Urban Ecology Center in Riverside Park
(1500 E. Park Pl, Milwaukee 53211).
Know your farmer. Know your food.
Meet and support your local farmers. Connect to get farm-fresh produce & more.
Whether you are just learning about Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) or have been a member for years, this is a great once-a-year opportunity to talk with local farmers, learn about their growing practices and share options, and choose which farm is best for you and your family or friends.
Lunch will be available for purchase from from Gouda Girls & MKE Localicious.
Stop by the Resource Table to learn about food preservation & cooking classes, more about how to find locally grown and produced food and how to connect with other good food enthusiasts.
Take a short workshop:
• Intro to CSAs – 11:30 am or 1:00 pm
Jamie Ferschinger, of the Urban Ecology Center, will explain how Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) works.
• Cooking from your CSA box - 12:15 pm or 2:00 pm
Annie Wegner LeFort, Chef and Master Food Preserver, will share ideas for more efficiently using the contents of a weekly CSA box to prepare quick healthy meals. Recipes, tips, and resources for cooking seasonally from scratch will be provided.
For more information, contact the Urban Ecology Center 414-964-8505 or visit them online urbanecologycenter.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!