Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity Sunday, March 2 at the 14th annual Ridin’ for Research event. The fundraiser, which will be held at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA in Brown Deer, benefits the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
More than 100 stationary bikes will be set up for riders, who choose to participate in two or more of the six, 50-minute sessions offered. Certified cycling instructors will lead the event, while participants cycle at their own comfort level. Training sessions are being offered at various local health clubs in the weeks prior to the event. The registration fee is $25 with a commitment to raise $25 per hour selected. All pledges collected go directly to the MCW Cancer Center.
The first cycling session will begin at 9:00 a.m. and run until 9:50 a.m., followed by a 10-minute break. Subsequent sessions begin on the hour, with the last session starting at 2:00 p.m. Each session has a different theme, and speakers will share stories of how their lives have been touched by cancer.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. Since then, the event has raised more than $1.1 million for cancer research.
The Rite-Hite Family YMCA is located at 9250 N Green Bay Rd. in Brown Deer. To register online, visit www.riding4research.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!