Wade L. Fischer, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of cardiothoracic surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Fischer is board-certified in general surgery and thoracic surgery. His clinical interests include cardiac surgery, heart and lung transplantation, and mechanical circulatory support. His research has focused on options for mechanical support of the failing heart, coronary artery bypass graft surgery and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a technique for providing oxygen to patients in intensive care whose heart and lungs are not properly functioning.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Fischer was director of cardiovascular surgery at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital in Baytown, Texas, and director of the ECMO program at the Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas. He previously was president of the medical staff at Kansas Heart Hospital in Wichita, Kan. In addition, he served at Via Christi Regional Medical Center-St. Francis as chairman of cardiothoracic surgery, director of the ventricular assist device program and co-director of the heart transplant program in Wichita, Kan.
Dr. Fischer earned his medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, La., in 1987. He completed his residency in general surgery in 1992 at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and additional cardiothoracic surgery training in 1995 at State University of New York, Health Sciences Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. His fellowship in heart and lung transplantation and mechanical assistance devices was completed at the University of California – Los Angeles in 2002.
Dr. Fischer is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and continues to be an active member of national and international cardiothoracic professional societies.¬
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!