The Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., the educational and charitable arm of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., will host its ninth annual “Home Improvement Rummage Sale” in the parking lot of Milwaukee/NARI member Milwaukee Millwork, 11712 W. Dixon St., in Milwaukee on Fri., May 2, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
It is anticipated that the following materials, along with a variety of other merchandise, will be available for sale to the public:
• Bathroom and Ceiling Tiles
• Decking Materials
• Doors - Interior and Exterior
• Furniture: wood table, chairs, etc.
• Hardscaping Materials
• Lighting Fixtures
• Plumbing Fixtures and Supplies
• Roof Shingles
The sale supports efforts to reduce the construction and demolition (C&D) materials that are filling landfills, while also assisting the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation’s efforts to provide financial and educational support to students pursuing a career in the home improvement and remodeling industry.
Merchandise that remains at the close of the sale at 4:00 p.m. will be donated to Habitat for Humanity.
Any person that makes a Rummage Sale purchase will receive two tickets for the 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18. Attendees will also receive the 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Membership Directory and the association’s Remodeling Guide.
The goal of the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation is to promote public awareness of the home remodeling and improvement industry through educational programs and community activities and raise funds to support scholarships and grants to help encourage and train young people and displaced workers interested in the professional remodeling industry.
To carry out its purpose, the Foundation expends funds for the refinement and/or expansion of existing Milwaukee/NARI education programs, supports scholarships to assist professional training of individuals entering the home improvement and remodeling field, and embarks on activities judged necessary to insure an ample supply of professionally trained individuals.
Through various special events, including the annual Home Improvement Show raffle, Rummage Sale, Golf Outing, and Holiday Party, plus member contributions, the Foundation has provided more than $160,000 in scholarships, tools, and equipment for use by students and schools in southeastern Wisconsin. The Foundation has endowments at both Milwaukee Area Technical College and Waukesha County Technical College.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!