The first annual Hartfest Half Marathon will get under way at 1:00 on Saturday June 14th in Hart Park. The Badgerland Striders, one of the largest non-profit running clubs in the country have teamed up with Hartfest organizers to help raise funds for the Wisconsin Chapter of COPS, Concerns of Police Survivors. The organization provides much needed assistance to the families of Police officers killed in the line of duty.
The 13.1 mile route will take runners on a scenic tour of some of the cities less traveled paths. Beginning at the festival participants will travel West on the Hoyt park bike path passing through the Hoyt pool area before heading down the gravel path around the new rainwater retention ponds. Runners continue Southwest on Underwood Parkway traveling past Hansen golf course, doing a loop around the Milwaukee County community gardens and through the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic facilities before reversing direction and heading back to Hart Park.
Participants will receive a technical running shirt, finisher's medal and refreshments at Hartfest. Go to www.badgerlandstriders.org for more information.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!