Readers of the Milwaukee Journal’s Green Sheet will remember the city’s own advice columnist and, for more than 50 years, Wisconsin’s best-known journalist. Ione Quinby Griggs is the subject of the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Speakers’ Series at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 13, at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St. in Wauwatosa.
Authors Genevieve McBride and Stephen R. Byers, professors at major Milwaukee universities, will talk about their new book, "Dear Mrs. Griggs: Women Readers Pour Out Their Hearts in the Heartland.
They say the legacy of five decades of letters and Mrs. Griggs’ common-sense replies offer insight into the lives of the letter writers as well as the times.
McBride and Byers were reporters for the Journal, from which Griggs retired in 1985. She died in 1991 at the age of 100.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!