FOOD NETWORK EPISODE of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in Hawaii
On May 23rd Food Network's "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" is featuring Uahi Island Grill in Kailua, Hawaii owned by Nick Yamada and Nani Nikcevich. Danielle "Nani" Nikcevich is a West Allis, WI native and graduate of Nathan Hale High School. She went to college at Hawaii Pacific University and never returned. Nani met Bear at Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe where she was a waitress and he the chef. In September 2007 Nani and Nick who is affectionately referred to as "Bear" opened the Uahi Island Grill. They moved in 2010 to their current location and are set to launch their first mobile restaurant (Food Truck) in just a few weeks.
Nani still has family in the area including her father, Bozidar that lives in Wauwatosa. Check them out at http://www.uahiislandgrill.com
This trip, Guy's cruisin' through Hawaii for an authentic taste of Oahu.
Upcoming Airings View Full TV Schedule, check local listings for times.
Fri, May 23 10|9c Sat, May 24 1a|12c Mon, June 2 11:30|10:30c Tue, June 3 2:30a|1:30
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/1900-series/island-flavor.html?oc=linkback
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!