Wilmore, Ky — Claire Perreault, Wisconsin’s number-one ranked high school goalie, has signed a letter of commitment to join Asbury’s inaugural women’s lacrosse team in 2014-15.
“I’m so excited to be a part of this,” she said. “It’s such a great opportunity. Everyone on our team is going to make history.”
As Claire looks toward the future, she reflects on how far she has come in four years. She started playing lacrosse as a freshman.
“I had no idea what lacrosse was. I had never touched a stick before. In my sophomore year, my team needed a starting goalie and I stepped up.”
Claire, a senior at Waukesha West High School who plans to major in art therapy at Asbury, spent a year learning her position and turning herself into a goalie. She practiced, watched video, and received as much coaching as she could find. It wasn’t long before she posted a 60% save percentage.
“She’s an amazing young lady,” said Rich Manieri, Asbury’s head coach. “She’s as determined as anyone I’ve ever met. She’ll be a great goalie and she’ll also be a wonderful teammate and leader.”
“I work hard and try to rise to any and every challenge I am given,” Claire said. “I have a strong drive to reach my goals and will do whatever it takes to get there.”
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!