Students from three Wauwatosa schools competed at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 21-24 in Knoxville, Tenn.
DI is an international educational program that stresses creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. DI participants solve open-ended problems, or challenges, that incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning.
The Tosa teams--from Lincoln, Longfellow and Tosa East--began working on their challenge solutions last fall. At the state DI tournament in April, they finished in the top three in their respective divisions and qualified for the international competition.
DI Global Finals, which is considered the world's largest celebration of creativity, brought together more than 1,400 teams from 40 states and at least a dozen foreign countries, including China, South Korea, Brazil, Singapore, Romania, Guatemala, Poland, Turkey and Qatar.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!