At the "T" junction of Main St and Grand Ave in Menomonee Falls Downtown District a massive facade renovation is taking place on the historic Klondike Saloon also known as the Central Hotel which is now the home of Purloin Studio, Art Gallery, Coffeehouse and Collectible Bookshop.
The original 2 story gable roofed building, built in the 1800's was picked up and moved farther back on the lot and a larger 2 story building was attached. Brayton Management, the owner of the building, is in the process of restoring the facade and adding a raised front deck for seating. Upon the removal of several layers of siding the decorative peak was exposed. The embellishments were no longer there, but the layout was visible, the owner plans to replicate these details.
Purloin Studio is open during most of renovation. Hours are:
Coffeehouse: Tues-Fri 7am to 2pm/Sat: 9am-3pm
Gallery: Tue-Fri 10am to 5pm/Sat: 10am to 4pm
For more information call: 262-255-9090
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!