Several members of the Tosa Fire Department teamed up with Santana Dotson to raise money this past weekend for the Backpack Coalition. The firefighters entered the Santana Dotson Celebrity Kickball Tourney expecting to just play kickball, but contributed even more than their entry fee.
Santana Dotson & Gilbert Brown, former Green Bay Packers, were in Wales, Wisconsin to raise money for backpacks and collect school supplies for disadvantaged kids. Gilbert Brown was also raising awareness for his anti-bullying campaign.
The firefighters took the field and were surprised when several female members of opposing teams began donating money for the men to play shirtless. Being good sports, the men obliged by removing their shirts for a game and raised an additional $351 in donations for the Backpack Coalition.
While the firefighters were not the winners on the field, they were winners with the Tourney and the Santana Dotson Foundation presented Lori Hayes, chair of the Waukesha Backpack Coalition, with a check for $4000 along with the school supplies.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!