The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
Dr. Paul Barkhaus and the team of neurological specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic enthusiastically took on a challenge to spread awareness of ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been making waves across social media sites like Facebook for several weeks. On Thursday, August 21, before downing buckets of icy cold water atop their heads, Dr. Barkhaus said, “We’re participating in this ice bucket challenge in honor of our patients and their caregivers and ask that anyone whose life has been touched by ALS also take up the challenge.”
Visit https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=690830277661182 to see the team’s video.
ALS is an extremely challenging disease for patients and their caregivers. The ALS experts at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and the VA Medical Center provide advanced drug treatments and state-of-the-art medical care, enabling them to help many people slow the progress of ALS symptoms. Emotional support for patients and caregivers is also a critical element of our program. For information about the ALS Clinic at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s academic medical center campus visit http://www.froedtert.com/neuroscience/als or call 1-800-DOCTORS
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!