Sunset Playhouse is kicking off its 55th season in Elm Grove. It is home to a community theater and three professional series, including Musical MainStage, which features promising student performers.
Elm Grove, WI, August 20, 2014 – Milwaukee resident Kendra Guy has been named a Rising Star for Musical MainStage, a professional concert series at Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove. The daughter of Kenneth and Katina Guy, Kendra is a senior at Wauwatosa East High School where she is active in softball, theatre, orchestra, and choir. Her acting career began at age eight with a performance for the African American Children’s Theatre, and her credits include THE COMIC BOOK and TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD with Modjeska Community Theater.
At Tosa East, Kendra appeared in the school’s production of HAIRSPRAY, and received a Tommy Award for her role in GODSPELL. She plays violin and co-wrote a play called WE ARE THE DREAM, based on African-American heroes. Kendra hopes to continue performing but after graduation will also pursue her goal to study dentistry and become an orthodontist.
Wauwatosa resident Nancy Visintainer-Armstrong, Sunset Playhouse’s Artistic Director, explains that “each concert features professional singers and musicians but also offers performance opportunities to one promising high school student. Half a dozen of our previous Rising Stars have also been awarded college scholarships.”
Kendra will join Alison Mary Forbes, Tommy Hahn, Joel Kopischke, and Peggy Peterson Ryan in a show called “Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame”, featuring the work of artists inducted into the iconic institution.
Performances are on Monday, September 15th and Tuesday, September 16th. For more information about the production or tickets, you can visit sunsetplayhouse.com or call its box office at 262-782-4430; the box office is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 1-5pm and Saturdays from 1-4pm.
Sunset Playhouse - 800 Elm Grove Rd. - Elm Grove, WI 53122
Contact: Susan Loveridge, 414-336-8930, email@example.com
or Danny Slattery, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!