The 4th Annual “On-Street” Classic Car and Motorcycle Show as part of “Cruisin’ the Grove” will take place Sun., Aug. 7 between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Located on Watertown Plank Road between Juneau and Legion, all makes and models of classic cars and motorcycles can register for the Show between 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., with entrance at the corner of Watertown Plank Rd. and Juneau Blvd. To be held rain or shine, dash plaques will be given to the first 100 registrants, with the first 200 registrants receiving an event “goodie bag.”
There is no fee to participate in or attend the Show, but a tax-deductible donation is encouraged to benefit TeamUp! with Families, a nonprofit organization that helps families of individuals with special needs through activities, services, and programs.
Featured attractions include:
• The 2016 Bikes of the Milwaukee BUILD Program. BUILD is a not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to pairing teams of high school students with bike-building mentors. The program is a collective effort to learn valuable life and interpersonal skills while restoring vintage motorcycles.
• Two vintage drag cars from the Byron Meltdown Drags held annually in Byron, Illinois. One of Koopmeiners & Sons “Gassers” will be on display, along with a Woody Gilmore front-engine style dragster known as “The Big Woody.”
• On display will be the official resolution from the Wisconsin Legislature designating the second Friday of July each year to be Collector Vehicle Appreciation Day.
The Woller-Anger/Hagerty Youth Judging Program is open to youth ages 8-14 and is designed to get young people more involved in classic cars by interacting with owners and their cars. The youth judging team will be working with mentors and judging five cars from the show. The free program is offered to the first 15 children that register. Youth judging runs from noon until 1:30 p.m., with the winner announced at 2 p.m. For more information or to register your child, call Woller-Anger & Company at 262-789-2500. You may also register at the show up until 11:45 a.m. if openings remain.
The Show will award six participant awards (first – third in car and motorcycle), with two Committee Choice and two Spectator’s Choice awards, one Young Gun award, and one Youth Judge award. Captn’ Bob and Arlo, hosts of the Wisconsin Hotrod Radio Show, will play music and provide entertainment during the event.
In addition to the display of cars and motorcycles, the event will feature a vendor/sponsor area, door and raffle prizes, and food and beverages available for purchase from local restaurateurs.
The following companies are serving as event sponsors:
• Woller-Anger & Company, LLC
• Silver Spur Texas Style BBQ
• Patched Works Quilt Shop
• Sweet Tooth Bake Shop, LLC
• O’Donoghue’s Irish Pub
Business Community Sponsor:
• Elm Grove Business Association
TeamUp! with Families provides a TeamUp for Fun! Day Camp where children with special needs can experience day camp right beside their non-disabled siblings. TeamUp! also offers is a medical equipment lending library called Katy's Kloset. Equipment that may be available to loan out typically includes walkers, wheelchairs, canes, crutches, hospital beds, and many items to assist with daily living. Equipment is available for children and adults. For more information visit their website at TeamUpWithFamilies.org.
For more information, including registration, visit www.Facebook.com/CruisinTheGrove, call Bob Anger, Dan Riedel, or Brad Anger at 262-789-2500, or e-mail CruisinTheGrove@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!